Nicollet Lighting System Request Guidelines
- Requests must be made at least 14-days in advance through our lighting request form.
- Requestors will be notified within 5 working days of the status of the request.
- No requests are guaranteed. Even if a request is granted, it can be superseded as necessary for maintenance, a regularly scheduled program, or other unforeseen circumstances demanding significant public response.
- Requested lighting scene changes generally happen early the day of the request during regular business hours, and could be active for up to 24-hours beginning on the approved date.
- DID reserves the right to preserve certain time frames for activation purposes (e.g., market days, special performances, etc.) and to limit the number of lighting scene changes that happen within a given time frame.
- Requests will be accepted for commemorations of meaningful civic celebrations and events relevant to the downtown community. Requests for strictly promotional or personal purposes (e.g., birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) will not be accepted.
- Requests relevant to the activation of Nicollet are acceptable (including tie-ins to on-site events or connections to nearby downtown events).
- Requests related to awareness raising (i.e. special cause days) will be considered when connected to a coordinated and timely downtown event. Requests tied to awareness-raising not happening in conjunction with a downtown event will not be accepted.
- The lighting control system is unique and complex (not simply color, but also movement and timing), so lighting scene requests are limited to preprogrammed options, which can be discussed at the time of your request. If you are interested in developing a new lighting scene, contact the DID to discuss feasibility and costs.