What would YOU do with a beautiful storefront on Nicollet Mall?
Build visibility for your business, organization, or project in the heart of downtown.
Call for proposals
- You are invited to apply to activate a vacant retail space on Nicollet Mall.
- Applications will be evaluated to select projects that bring positive activity to vacant spaces as downtown reanimates, advance community and economic development, and contribute to a positive experience for visitors on the street.
- Program staff will review applications and recommend select proposals to property owners.
- For proposals that successfully match with a space, mdc/DID will manage the agreement with landlords and negotiate a use agreement for those using the space.
- Successful applicants will get the keys to their space as early as August.
- Projects that generate revenue will pay percentage rent.
- This project is being done in coordination with Chameleon Shoppes, a retail program for BIPOC- and women-owned businesses.
Spaces #OnNicollet online application form
Applications are due by July 16th
Virtual Information Session
June 30th 11am-12pm
Tour eligible spaces
July 8th by appointment only
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment.
Questions? Email email@example.com