Welcome to the Nicollet xChange, your new sustainable community marketplace in the heart of downtown.
Join us every Tuesday all summer long on Nicollet for food trucks, giveaways, vendors, entertainment, games, activities, a swap and more.
Every Tuesday, we will be creating and open-air, pop-up for downtowners to engage in browsing and exchanging quality & quirky items in a marketplace setting. Each month will feature a different theme, encouraging you to participate and swap your items all summer long.
How to Participate:
- Bring any high-quality item from home or work (can be new or pre-loved), that you’d like to pass on to someone else to enjoy.
- Receive a token for your item that can be exchanged for another item in the marketplace. If you don’t find a new to you item you love, just come back another week to browse new items that are added and swapped each week.
- You are welcome to participate in the xChange as many times as you’d like! Keep the swapping going by bringing in new items and engaging all summer long.
- You’ll also be offered the opportunity to share a story about the item you are exchanging! Maybe there is a great memory associated with your item or the item has a quirky story or reminds you of something special. Then you can browse, read, and learn more about other item’s stories and pass on your beloved memories!
Ideas for Items to Bring:
- Gently loved clothing and fashion items
- Quirky items with a great story or memory
- Gifts from family that you never used or opened
- Sports memorabilia or outerwear
- New art supplies
- Plants or plant cuttings
Rules of the Swap
- Items should be clean, folded or pressed
- Items should be of good quality with a long potential lifespan. Items likely to be valued by others – ask yourself, would I be happy to give this item to a friend?
- Items should be free of faults or with minor faults that are easy to repair (for example, a missing button)
- No underwear or swimwear
- Ultimate discretion is ours as to whether or not items are accepted into the swap
- If your items are not accepted into our swap, we will facilitate recycling for you through our chosen partner if you choose not to take back the item.